Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Tuesday Talks | Favorite Books/Series of 2015


Hey guys welcome to another Tuesday Talks, Tuesday Talks is a Goodreads group started by Janie and Janelle where we discuss book-related topics every week.

Before we jump into this post, I wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year! Honestly I can't believe it's 2016 and I'm going to try my hardest to be more on top of my blog.

So, in order to commemorate 2015, this week we're going to commemorate the top five best books/series of 2015.

5. Hello, Goodbye and Everything in Between


I'm not too much of a romance reader, but there were so many aspects of this book were relatable including the change in friendships from high school to college. The reliability of this book definitely catapulted it to my top five.

4. From the Ashes



I got the opportunity to interview Shelby Morrison and read her book early in 2015. This book completely surpassed my expectations. While I'm not a heavy fantasy reader, the writing of the book just sucked you in, definitely a book worth reading.

3. The Mistborn Trilogy


I began this series as a read along with Courtney from CourtneyReads and while we never got to finish reading the series together (due to my hectic college schedule), it was a fantastic read. I'm halfway through the last book and hopefully I'll finish it soon to move onto other Brandon Sanderson books.

2. Lunar Chronicles


I began Cinder in January and just in time for the release of Winter, the finale of the series. Overall this was a fantastic science-fiction retelling and definitely a series that everyone should read!

1. Queen of Shadows


And down to my number one book of the year: Queen of Shadows. This was probably one of the most anticipated books of the year and it did not fail to disappoint. While most series typically decline throughout, this has continue to surpass my expectations and I cannot wait for the release of the next book.

These are my top five for the year, what are some of your favorites for this year? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment